Women’s basketball weekly awards – week 12 – ivy league
• The Crimson extended its winning streak to 14 games with a 70-61 victory over Dartmouth (5-10, 0-2 Ivy), marking its second-longest winning streak in program history (16, 2002-03) and the fourth-longest current winning streak in the nation.
• Harvard is nationally ranked for the first time this season, receiving votes in the AP poll. Usd brl exchange rate The Crimson is the first Ivy team to be listed in a national ranking since Princeton in the Coaches poll on Feb. Funny quotes about friendship 2, 2016.
• Penn senior Sydney Stipanovich needs 10 blocks to break the all-time Ivy League record of 305, held by Columbia’s Kathy Gilbert (1987-91). Yahoo news canada Stipanovich is joined in the top 10 in blocks by teammate Michelle Nwokedi (t-10th, 182), the first Ivy duo to rank in the top-10 in blocks together as teammates.
• Currently the League sits at 66-36 (.647) in non-conference action, the best winning percentage in Ivy history and fourth-most wins total. Us futures market hours Two more non-conference wins would match the third-most in League history, previously set in 2014-15.
• The Ivy League’s distinctive back-to-back conference schedule continues when Columbia and Cornell travel to Dartmouth and Harvard, while Yale hosts Brown on Friday. Euro to pound exchange rate today Penn and Princeton (7-9, 1-2 Ivy) return to Ivy action on Friday, Feb. Usd cad 3.
• All seven games will be broadcast live on The Ivy League Digital Network (ILDN), now available on the ILDN app on Apple TV and Roku. Gender identity quiz Cornell at Dartmouth and Cornell at Harvard will also be broadcast on ESPN3.
Brown sophomore guard Shayna Mehta (San Francisco) totaled 20 points, seven rebounds, three assists and one steal in the Bears’ 76-73 win over Yale, their first victory over the Bulldogs since Jan. Aud usd graph 19, 2013. Euro dollar exchange rate forecast 2016 Ten of her 20 points came in the third quarter, including eight during a 9-2 Bears run after Yale cut the lead to six.
Cornell senior forward Nia Marshall (Macedonia, Ohio) led the Big Red to a 69-55 win over Columbia, recording a game-high 21 points along with one rebound, four assists, one steal and one block. Hockey quotes She had a hand in six-straight points for Cornell to start the second half, extending the Big Red’s lead to 36-29 en route to the 14-point victory.
Marshall earns her third Player of the Week honor of the season and ninth of her career. Gold forecast 2017 She becomes the 10th Ivy all-time to be named Player of the Week honors at least nine times and first from Cornell.
Harvard freshman guard Katie Benzan (Wellesley, Mass.) hit three three-pointers and finished with a team-high 17 points while also recording six rebounds, one assist and one steal to lead the Crimson to its 14th-straight win, 70-61 over Dartmouth. Exchange rate usd jpy Benzan hit all six of her free throws and scored nine points in the fourth quarter to help hold off the Big Green after it cut the lead to five after three quarters.